Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Planning For A Trip


Just before I start giving you tips on how to plan for a trip, I just wanted to let you know that this summer I'm actually planning a one month long trip all over Europe. Well more specifically London, Southern Ireland, Dubrovnik and Kotor. I'm so excited, because I'm going with my roommate, which is going to be so much fun. Can't wait!

Length of the trip
Firstly you want to know how long you're planning on traveling. It's going to help you once you start calculating your budget and saving. My roommate and I knew we had a month to plan a trip (whole month of July). 

Decide where you want to go & What activities you want to do 
Once you've figured out how long your trip is going to be you can start choosing your destinations. It can be places you've never been to or places you really want to see and visit. Picking your destination is very important, because it gives you a definite goal. It makes your trip much more concrete and easier to plan. I knew I wanted to travel in Europe, so then it was a question of picking places that weren't too far away from each other. I typed in the city I was planning on seeing on Pinterest and that's really what helped me find the coolest places, because there were allot of non touristy places to look into. For places to eat I recommend looking at City Guides, allot of bloggers write them! 

Figure out transportation 
This step is really important if you're planning on traveling in one country especially. You want to know how you're going to go from point A to B and what the cheapest options (car, bus, plane, boat or train) are. For example this summer I'm going to explore southern Ireland and I thought getting a car and hitchhiking was the best way, but through my research I found out that actually traveling by bus is the cheapest and easiest way. 

Calculate your Budget
Very, very important since most of you are students I'm presuming and don't have high paying jobs, money is always a big topic when you plan on traveling (I know it was for me). So now that you have figured out where you're going and for how long, you have to nail down how much money your going to need. You need to know what style of travel you want. Do you want to stay in luxury hotels or backpack? Knowing will help you estimate how much money your going to need. Look at how much hotels, hostels, restaurants and attractions are going to cost. And a tip always round up, because most of the time your trip is going to cost a bit more than what you planned. 

Start booking 
Make sure you book your flights in advance, because tickets get more expensive every day. I your planning on traveling in Europe I definitely recommend looking at EasyJet, they really have amazing prices. Also you want to make sure you're looking into your accommodations, and maybe start booking too, because they usually get taken very quickly. For my trip I only booked hostels (Hostels.com), so I only had to pay a small deposit and the rest of it I have to pay once I get there. 

Start planning what to pack 

The most exciting part! Start making a list of things you're going to need. Look into the weather forecast, like this you have an idea of how warm/cold it's going to be. Be careful not to overpack... because everyone knows you are going to be doing some shopping (especially if you're going to a big city). 

And most importantly enjoy! 
Appreciate all the hard work that went into planning this trip and relax...


Follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);