Sunday, February 26, 2017

Battle Of The Tarte Palettes







Hello beautiful! Today I thought we might dive into the world of eyeshadow palettes. When it comes to my eye makeup, I'm really boring and usually stick to the same products and look. But for Christmas I was extremely lucky to receive both Tarte eyeshadow palettes, which have been on my wishlist for the longest time. As I was playing with both palettes I noticed some differences and thought I would give you my thoughts and review on both of them, if you were contemplating getting one of them (or both).

Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte has twelve matte shades. The palette itself is more of a neutral tone, but you do have a few shades that lean more towards the warm/cool tones. They are all very wearable shades, and you really have all the shades necessary to come up with a complete (matte) look. The shadows feel silky and smooth, with little fallout. Although they don't feel like the most creamy eyeshadows, there wasn't any fall out when I went in with my brush. The eyeshadows were easy to work with and blended very nicely together. I did find that with the lighter shades you had to build up the color to get them fully opaque on the eye. However the deeper shades were very pigmented and have a very good color payoff. My most worn shades are free spirit all over the eyelid, a mix of wanderer and dreamer blended in the crease, and occasionally fashionista or multi-tasker in the outer corner (if I'm feeling a more sultry look). Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get a lot of use (or ever) of the middle row, since they are all mauvy shades. If you are a matte lover, you will definitely not regret getting this palette. But if you love having a little pop of spark, or love working with shimmery eyeshadows, maybe get a palette that has a mix of both.

Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Clay has the same layout as the previous palette, but includes three metallic shades. The first difference I noticed was the smell, this palette smelled like cupcakes (so yummy), whereas the previous one had no scent at all. This palette has a more warm-tone theme going on (which is more my thang). The shadows again felt very silky and smooth, but for some reason felt creamier when I swatched them, although when I went in with my eyeshadow brush there was a lot of fall out, but that doesn't really bother me as long as the eyeshadows perform well. The shades were all very pigmented and blended like a dream. Again for the lighter shades if you want them to be opaque you'll have to build them up. I liked that each row had a metallic shades, because although I love my matte looks, I love adding a pop of shimmer on the eyelid occasionally. I can still create a full look with the matte shades, but have the option to switch it up with the metallics (which I really like). This palette definitely has an assortment of shades I'll reach for more often then matte palette. I can see myself wearing all the shades. If you prefer wearing more warmer looks, then I would suggest getting this palette over the matte palette.


Have you tried them? Which one is your favorite palette?

xoxo


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);